imagination. anything goes.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Art Nouveau - Project 2


This would have to be my all time favourite styles of art. Art Nouveau. The first attempt at this was done last year in my Art 1 class, but the medium was india ink and drawn on with a stick. Yes, a stick, a twig, nothing fancy. This however, was done in acrylic paint with SILVER leaf. My overall feeling for this piece is that I like it, especially the border around the figure drawing and my drawing of Cannon. I'm not too proud of myself for not finishing the background, or adding faces to the people. Instead of avoiding doing something I am not well at doing, I should have just approached it and tried my best, it would have improved my ability to draw faces. It's obviously not done, but when I do find the proper background to add, I think I will add that in in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Its unfortunate that you didn't finish but the structure of the painting is good. I like how cannon's pants are painted with a white outline, and that despite the busy background it doesn't take away from the painting. I'm not sure how you would go about with the background though, would you continue with the squares of black and white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You defiantly learned something from the project! Maybe you can work more on faces and background stuff in future pieces? I do like the risk you took took using black and white yet adding color and the silver leaf! I want to see the final product then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the risks that you took on the art work. I have to say though personally I would have liked to see how this would have turned out if it was in color. I feel black and white doesn't capture the true potential that this piece could have. Of course thats personal opinion, but I still say thumbs up =).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way this piece works with no color... and the silver leaf turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly love the color yellow on my shirt. My eyes are immediatly drawn to it. Well done

    ReplyDelete